September 6, 2016

"The Lost Hero" Review

Mighty fine Tuesday today, everyone! As promised in my post yesterday, I shall write a review for Rick Riordan's The Lost Hero. Beware, spoilers ahead!

I used to love reading up Greek mythology; the legends of each god and titan are amazing. After waiting for three months for the book to arrive after my purchasing the series, I definitely think the wait was worthwhile. Upon reading the chapters in the life of the amnesiac Jason, I was hooked right in. I immediately fell in love with Riordan's writing style.

Child of lightning, beware the earth,
The giants' revenge, the seven shall birth;
The forge and dove shall break the cage,
And death unleash through Hera's rage.
The prophecy for the quest in the book. I can't believe I memorized it. 

Demigods Jason Grace, the son of Jupiter (Zeus), with his "girlfriend" Piper McLean, daughter of Aphrodite, and Leo Valdez, son of Hephaestus, embark on a journey to rescue Hera before the winter solstice, which is, shockingly, four days from when the journey starts. Titans, giants, snow goddesses, storm spirits, cyclopes, and even gods themselves stood in their way. Geez, I know Hera can sometimes be a pain but what in the world did she do? :P

I recognized most god names, but I learned more and what they really represent. Not only that, but I also recognized the name differences of each Greek god to their Roman aspects. And some facts about the gods, too, like how Athena and Artemis were virgins. I never loved Greek mythology more than before. I can't wait to begin The Son of Neptune and recognize more gods and goddesses.

There's nothing about this book that I can dislike on. I just loved it. The time when Jason met his long-lost sister, Thalia, and the fact that gods can actually go insane (Aeolus), man. I'm eagerly waiting to read about Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase. And I'm trying to learn of the seven in the Second Great Prophecy while fighting my urge to spoil myself.

No regrets spending a hundred for the series.
I just borrowed New Moon from my English teacher today (yay) and I'll be returning to the life of Bella and Edward. Unfortunately, even though Empire of Storms is released today, it isn't on the shelves of my local bookstores yet. (ugh!)
Note to self: come one week later after book is released so mother does not scold me.

That's the end of my review. Summing it up: this book takes Greek mythology to a whole new level. Have you readers read the book yet? If you did, share what you thought of the first installment of Riordan's Heroes of Olympus series down in the comments below!

----

Check out all the other book reviews here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something to share? Please do leave your thoughts. I would love to know your opinions. :)

Remember to check back here! I will try my best to reply to all of your comments. ^_^