September 5, 2016

"Twilight" Review

Happy (ugh) Monday, everyone! This will be my first review as promised yesterday. Beware, spoilers ahead!

One thing's for sure: I never regretted borrowing the book from my English teacher. The story written is so much better than the movie—in fact, I never thought I'd enjoy reading romance! I simply love how developed Bella Swan and Edward Cullen's relationship is throughout the book. Slow and steady, dangerous yet lovey-dovey, human and vampire, pessimism versus indifference... I honestly never thought I'd find myself wanting to stop reading after finishing the first chapter. And that first kiss scene in the woods! >.<

"And so, the lion fell in the love with the lamb."
"What a stupid lamb."
"What a sick, masochistic lion ."

I'll never forget those lines in my lifetime. ._.
Throughout the story, I'd thought that it'll be the development between Bella and Edward until the werewolves start appearing, of course. But when it reached the ball game part, the main antagonist shows himself: James. At first, I couldn't digest the sudden change to a game of hunter and human. It was one minute, a good ole' ball game with vampires in a thunderstorm; the next minute, it's a run for your life. It didn't quite fit...

Anyway, the ending definitely made up for it. Not only were Bella and Edward an item (I didn't imagine it to be so quick!), the whole Cullen family minus Rosalie came to accept Bella into their lives. I could relate with each and every one of the Cullen family and their weird antics. But most of all (and not because it was told in first-person), I could feel the emotions of Bella throughout the story. One who came from sunny Phoenix chose to live in gloomy Forks after initially despising it to be with her soulmate. Simply an awesome read. But I'm probably just reacting like this because it's my first romance novel, boo hoo.

I've already returned the book back to my teacher (moment of sadness), but I'm eagerly waiting for New Moon, which she'll bring tomorrow! Yay! After reading this book, I immediately changed the status for the rest of the series to "Want to Read" on Goodreads, heh.
Digression: I've finished The Lost Hero just today, so I'll write a review for it tomorrow! Also for tomorrow, Empire of Storms is out. Woooooooooo!

Alright, guys, that's all from me today. Thank you for reading this post. If you'd read Twilight, tell me what you think of it down in the comments below!

----

Check out all the other book reviews here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something to share? Please do leave your thoughts. I would love to know your opinions. :)

Remember to check back here! I will try my best to reply to all of your comments. ^_^